Thursday, 21 January 2010

Q and A Friday

This week we have a question from Sarah about two lovely Malicorne (Leroy-Dubois) pieces.

She writes : I'm curious if this form has a specific name and also an explanation about the purpose of the single spout and shape, though I assume the shape is simple an artistic presentation if in fact these are meant for calvados. Of course one is in the shape of a pear. Is there a pear equivalent to calvados? The pear shape has a small hole at the top. I wonder if this is to help the flow. That is why I'm puzzled about this form. Does the liquid pour easily?

It seems odd to me that you should have to fill up the container through the spout ?

Can anyone help with some information ?


  1. Pretty pieces Sarah, but I don't have a clue.

  2. I think the Norman liqueur may simply be called 'Poire'....?